i want to go to this harry potter tribute exhibition!!! unfortunately, it’s the weekend before i take the stupid gmat. so…if you like harry potter, you’re in the area, and you’re not taking a stupid exam…go!
nucleus art gallery & store
210 east main st.
alhambra, ca 91801
saturday, 7.09.11 – monday, 8.01.11
The Harry Potter Tribute Art Exhibition is a collection of work gathered through private invitations, open submissions and the common love for all things Harry Potter.
Opening in our gallery July 9 2011, a week before the final Harry Potter film, the exhibition will feature over 50 artists and nearly 100 tribute works in paintings, sculptures and installations.
$2 per person at the door,
- FREE to those who come in costume
- FREE entrance prize of exclusive exhibition buttons (available while supplies last)
- FREE admission when you Facebook, Twitter, or Blog about the event before July 2
- Complimentary Butterbeer (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Harry Potter Trivia Contest (sign in at gallery entrance, contestants picked at random)
- Snitch Seeking Competition
- Raffle prizes and giveaways (hourly)
- Mystery flavored Jelly Bellies tasting station
- Hogwarts Themed Photo Booth
- Costume Contest (contestants sign in at gallery entrance)(3 staff judges. Winner based on: Presentation, Likeness, Craftsmanship)
- Pop up shop by Whimsic Alley
7pm – Exhibition Opens
7:15pm – Photo Booth Opens
8pm – 1st Raffle Giveaway (Gryffindor Scarf & Beanie Set)
8:15pm – Trivia Contest Begins (Magic Wand)
8:15pm – Snitch Seeking Contests Begin ($20 gift certificate & more)
9pm – 2nd Raffle Giveaway (Warner Bros Studio Harry Potter Exhibit Tour)
9:15pm – Costume Contest (The Sorting Hat)
10pm – Grand Prize Raffle Giveaway (Exclusive print by Mary Grandpré)
*all attendees will be sorted into houses via FREE door prize.
Amy Kim Kibuishi
Jared Andrew Schorr
So Youn Lee Tran Nguyen
Tang Kheng Heng
check out the blog:
here’s what one of my favorite artists, scott c. campbell, submitted:
ok, i didn’t read it too carefully until i started blogging it and now i REALLY want to go…maybe i will…
especially since i get free admission for blogging (purely unintentional)!
well, even though i won’t (shouldn’t be) able to make the opening reception…i’ll at least check out the exhibition since it runs until august 1st.